Amanda Clayton, the Michigan lottery winner was recently found dead in the home she purchased with lottery proceeds that she won in September 2011.
Although an autopsy has yet to be performed, drugs are reportedly the culprit.
According to RadarOnline, as well as a number of online news sources including Huffing Post, 25 year old Clayton was reportedly found dead on Friday, at her Ecorse, Michigan home.
Authorities revealed that Clayton apparently suffered from a prescription drug overdose.
At this time there are no details regarding the prescription drug that she overdosed on.
Clayton, a young mother, was discovered laying her bed with her arms clenched around her 1 year old daughter.
Clayton first came to public attention when she divulged that she continued to be a recipient of food stamps despite the fact that she had won a million dollars in lottery proceeds.
In June of 2012, Clayton was charged with welfare related fraud. Notwithstanding the fact that she repaid $5,500.00 in food stamp and medical benefits, Clayton was placed on nine months of probation.
Meanwhile, news sources alleged that Clayton spent the majority of her lottery proceedings on a new car and new home, before her untimely overdose death.
If you or someone that you know is struggling with drug addiction or alcoholism, please call us now. We want to help you.
Original Article URL: thecelebritycafe.com
Photo Courtesy of: theblaze.com