Drugs Ordered Online Cause 2 Young Men to Turn Blue
Two men in Oregon ordered drugs from the internet that they believed to be the designer amphetamine, 2C-E. Instead, they received a toxic industrial chemical called aniline. The packaging carried a warning that this product was “not for human consumption.” But, this warning is also plastered all over the packages of bath salts and synthetic marijuana, which are consumed by humans daily regardless of the warning.
These two Oregon men had a severe reaction to the aniline, as the chemical acts to convert hemoglobin into methaglobin, which is a molecule that prevents red blood cells from carrying oxygen. Both men turned blue from lack of oxygen, and one man even passed out before they got help from poison control and the health department.
Read here to get the whole story.