Grandfather Finds His Grandson After Overdosing on Suboxone
A grandfather finds his grandson unresponsive, with a needle sticking out of his arm. The young man claims he was shooting up Suboxone.
A 20-year-old man was found unresponsive with a needle in his arm after overdosing on Suboxone, which is a drug used to treat opiate addiction. According to LansingStateJournal.com, the man's grandfather went to check on him when he did not come down when called for dinner.
The grandfather called 911 when he found his grandson unresponsive on the couch with a belt tied around his arm and a needle sticking out. Police said the 20-year-old claimed he was shooting up Suboxone he received from a friend. Although he refused to identify this friend, he did say that his friend was taking Suboxone to come off heroin, and when taken orally it kept him from being sick.
Livingston County EMS transported the grandson to the hospital. Meanwhile, police also found a 39-year-old man smoking LOL incense in a shed near where the 20-year-old overdosed. The man claimed that he "freaked out" when he saw the overdose victim with a needle in his arm, and he retreated to the shed to smoke. He was charged with possession of an imitation controlled substance.